July 2019 Newsletter
July 2019 – Volume 1 / Issue 3
“We hope you are having a great summer! We are glad you are part of our community outreach. We hope this resource helps you or someone you know.
This month, we are having an OPEN HOUSE and we would love to see you there! Read more below for specifics.
Please scroll for some other exciting news, research and events coming up this summer!”
– Dr. Kathleen Coates
Coates Hearing Clinic Open House
We hope you join us for our free
Tuesday, July 30th
Refreshments and raffle
It is open to anyone in the community! Invite your family and friends! Come tour the facility and meet Dr. Coates and her staff!
“How do Hearing Aid Owners Acquire Hearing Aid Management Skills?” (Bennett, Meyer, Eikelboom; July 2019)
- Clinical studies have found up to 90% of hearing aid owners demonstrate difficulty with basic hearing aid management tasks and almost 50% of hearing aid owners self-report not receiving enough practical help from their clinician regarding how to use their hearing aid!
- This study shows that being fit with hearing aids is only one step in the process, you need to make sure you are fit by a provider who takes the necessary time to educate you and practice with you.
The Coates Hearing Clinic Difference
- This research study showed the benefits of providing individualized, quality training and support but also building an ongoing professional relationship with each patient. There are many places to get hearing aids or other hearing devices but the research shows the value of quality care and maintaining continuity of care with your provider.
- Dr. Coates takes the time with each patient, spending about 60-90 minutes for hearing aid fittings. This is to ensure sufficient time for counseling, patient education, practice and maintenance of hearing aids as well as provide resources and supplies for troubleshooting the devices at home.
Training, Support and Time
Regular 6-9 Month Follow-Up Care
Most of the behind-the-ear style hearing aids are now rechargeable!
What are the benefits?
- Eliminates the need to change disposable batteries once per week on average
- Saves money over time from no longer requiring disposable batteries
- Helps with patients who have dexterity or vision problems and struggle with changing tiny batteries once per week
- Improves water resistance rating without having a battery door
- Lasts about 3-4 years and can be replaced at that time
- Includes visual display of battery charge status
Start Hearing Better Today Request Appointment Online
Calendar of Events
We had a great time offering free hearing screenings at Realo’s 5 Year Anniversary Celebration! We met a lot of great people in a great community. This is what we love! We enjoy collaborating with and celebrating local businesses and providers who provide excellent patient care.
Thursday, July 4th
Happy Independence Day!
Friday, July 12th
Johnston Network on Aging Meeting
Friday, July 12th
Presentation: “Caregivers Guide to Hearing Loss and Hearing Aids” Community and Senior Services (CSS) Staff Only
Tuesday, July 30th
FREE OPEN HOUSE! Come meet Dr. Coates and tour the facility from 11am-3pm Refreshments and raffle from 12-2pm
FREE EDUCATIONAL SEMINARS
If you would like to schedule a free educational seminar about good hearing health for your company or organization, please contact us today at 919-300-5438 to check availability!
Coates Hearing Clinic, P.A. values community education and strives to promote good hearing health at many local events coming up!
Happy summer from our family to yours!